The Cowichan Valley Wine Festival is a tasting and touring event showcasing the best of Vancouver Island wine from 11 local wineries. Join us in Cowichan to enjoy wine tastings, great entertainment and delicious cuisine!
Party at the Pavilion Tasting Event, August 24th: Start the weekend off right and join us for our tasting event at the Shawnigan Lake School Pavilion. Enjoy live music, a beautiful setting and complimentary tastings by all participating wineries from 6 pm to 9 pm. Tickets for the Party at the Pavilion are $35 and include a branded touring wine glass. This glass will be your ticket into the individual wineries for the rest of the weekend.
Winery Touring, August 25th - 26th: Spend the rest of the weekend self-touring Cowichan's fabulous wineries with map and passport in hand. Visit our wineries and collect stamps to fill the passport. Collect all of the stamps and you can enter the draw for a grand prize!
Tickets can be purchased at www.tourismcowichan.com/wine-festival-2018/ or simply purchase a festival glass and passport at your first stop for $15 and keep it with you. This glass is your ticket and entitles you to 3 free tastings at all 11 participating wineries!
WINE FESTIVAL EVENTS AT AVERILL CREEK
Saturday & Sunday
- Complimentary tasting of 3 wines
- Wine by the glass for $5
- Upgrade to taste premium wines for $5
- Release of 2015 Somenos Series Pinot Noir – Gold Medal Winner at the National Wine Awards of Canada
- Wood-fired pizza by Vancouver Island Pizza
- Live music on the patio by Lust Life jazz band
- Live music on the patio by Maureen Washington and Karel Roessingh
- Sweet Sundays: Enjoy dessert wine & sweet treat pairings for $13.50